GES seeks to employ and retain professionals of the highest quality. Teachers who come to live and work with us in Qatar enjoy the warm, collegial atmosphere of a professional learning community, as well as a beautiful, temperate climate and opportunities for travel throughout the Middle and Far East.
Specific vacancies are posted and updated on a regular basis, but GES accepts applications at all times for future vacancies.
GES is committed to providing safe recruitment. All new teachers applying to join GES are required to provide the following:
- CRB/DBS/police clearance from EVERY country they have worked in.
- Two professional references confirming their suitability to work with children and confirming the following:
- A police check was carried out prior to hiring them.
- Their suitability to work with children.
- Confirming that there are no issues of concern or reports related to children’s safety whilst in the candidate’s care.
- Abidance by and implementation of the school’s child protection policy.
Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that is highly competitive with both local and international markets. The package includes:
- Tax-Free salary
- Fully Furnished Accommodation including utilities
- Air Ticket
- Medical coverage
- Professional Development
- Shipping allowance of 1200QR
- Gratuity of 21 days for each contractual year
Applicants seeking employment at The Gulf English School must have the following qualifications:
Mandatory for all applicants:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the philosophy, mission and goals of GES.
- An exemplary personnel record.
- Evidence of professional commitment to continuous growth.
- Police Clearance or Police certificate GES recognises the importance of maintaining a safe place for our students and Employees, hence we request an original Police Clearance certificate from your country of origin to be kept on your file during your working period with GES.
- Health certificate – For the EMPLOYEE giving the results of a medical examination carried out not more than six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Provisions of Contract.
- A recognized teaching certificate.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Student-oriented philosophy and skill set.
- Technology competencies appropriate to 21st century educators.
- A commitment to extra-curricular activities beyond the normal teaching day.
- A minimum of two years' relevant teaching experience within the last five years.