The Gulf English School Whole School Strategic Plan 2018-2021 was crafted during the 2017-2018 School Year using input from the GES community and based on the previous whole school development plan 2015 - 2018.
The plan objectives, project goals and continuous improvement goals will direct the school's growth, development and improvement as we seek to maximize the delivery of our mission and live our vision as a school and wider community. The overarching themes of the plan will, in turn, be used to guide our yearly improvement plans as we seek to move from strategic thinking to actual implementation.
The whole school strategic plan is a guide to the board, leadership and staff as they work and strive to raise the standards of learning and teaching throughout the school community.
Recommendations from the following reports have been incorporated in the whole school development plan:
- CIS preliminary visit report
- CIS survey results
- CIS committees recommendations (ongoing updates to the plan)
The whole school strategic plan is reviewed and debated by the Board of Trustees and Leadership Team twice a year.
Each section of the school creates a yearly improvement plan based on the whole school strategic plan and the main objectives of the year. The improvement plans are presented to the Board in March so that the necessary budgetary, staffing and curriculum plans can be prepared for the following academic year.
WHOLE SCHOOL PLAN - 10 STRANDS:
- Philosophy, ethos, mission and goals
- Curriculum, teaching and learning
- Governance, management and school organisation
- Human Resources
- Physical and financial resources
- Student support
- Marketing, Publicity and Publications
- Accreditation and membership
September 2018 - December 2019
- Ensure that communication is consistent and delivered effectively and at an agreed time.
- Recruit retain & develop high quality, trained leaders & staff who actively contribute to the school's performance.
- Create a rigorous culture that engages the full community and encourages life-long learning.
- Create an environment in which student safeguarding is in line with the agreed GES policy.
- To create a plan to improve & update facilities & implement agreed recommendations by June 2019.
- Curriculum is updated in line with international specifications and develops skills, creativity & internationalism
- 90% of students will meet their individual academic targets, each year.