Career guidance and counselling at GES aims to enable students to make more informed and better educational career choices.
Career guidance and counselling include the following services:
- Advising students and parents on secondary school programs / academic curriculum, preparing them for college application and admission
- Planning and preparation for college / university admissions tests; like the SATS, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL etc
- Informing students about post secondary financing / sponsorship that can be used to support education and training.
- GES organises and facilitates successful field trips to bring students to various Universities and other post secondary institutions in Qatar.
- Obtaining of prospectuses and materials regarding University and College information.
- Hosting guest speaker sessions at GES, where professionals from post-secondary institutions could speak to students on academic information as well as personal concern. ( UCAS, Universities, Embassies etc )
- Arranging, together with the IB, AS, coordinator and CAS teacher; job shadowing, work placements and community based learning programs to allow students to directly experience workplace situations.
- Setting up and providing mock interviews in preparation for university, internships, and work interviews.
- Working with younger students on their subject choices to match their careers and university choices/ expectations.
- Developing career portfolios, which include test and grade results, personal essay, examples of student work resumes etc.
- Providing personal counselling to students on various issues including, attendance, motivation, classroom attitude, peer relationships, workplace relationships, family problems etc.
- In addition GES provides a dedicated Student Universities Applications Handbook that can be downloaded to help you complete university application process.
In Student Services